DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Help Installing 2710n and AP-700 in repeater mode

• tonycharman
  • Topic Author
More
12 Feb 2010 15:00 #1 by tonycharman
Hi,

I am having problems with the 2710n and AP-700 combination. The ideal solution for me is to have the AP-700 simply extending the 2710n wireless range by using the AP-700 as a repeater.

Having set up as below, initially everything seemed ok - but a few days in I started to notice that wireless clients were unable to get internet traffic dispite there being a very strong signal and active internet connection on hard-wired pc's via the ethernet connections to the 2710n

I mirrored the same Wireless settings in both (Mixed(WPA+WPA2)/PSK) - using the same SSID, security and password. Then used the AP Discovery to scan for the AP-700 (in repeater mode, without DHCP) which it picked up ok.

Since the problems happened, I unplugged the AP-700 and have no problems with any wireless clients connecting... I just need a strong signal in some rooms of my house.

I'm not sure my network is particularly unusual these days, but it isn't simple:

Up to 20 different clients:
Wireless:
3x laptops
PS3
DSi
PSP
iphone x2
Wii

Hardwired:
Switch1:
PCx2
Printer

Switch2:
NAS
Sonos

Switch3:
TV
Bluray

I'm not sure what is going on here, or where to troubleshoot next, but if anyone has advice I would be very grateful as I bought Draytek as a 'Solution' to similar problems (but less wireless range) with a Belkin N1 Vision.

Many thanks in advance,
Tony

ps there's also a Homeplug solution hardwired to one of the routers Ethernet ports.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2010 01:25 #2 by mjolly
Hi Tony

I suggest you email Draytek support - they have sent me a document explaining how to do this with a 2820n and an AP-700. I would hope they can provide similar help with a 2710.

Matt

• tonycharman
  • Topic Author
More
17 Feb 2010 10:51 #3 by tonycharman
Replied by tonycharman on topic Help Installing 2710n and AP-700 in repeater mode
Ha - I thought this forum was Draytek support!?

Many thanks for your help Matt, I'll try to reach them by email then.

Tony

More
21 Feb 2010 10:35 #4 by johnsc
If you have MAC address bind on it may block access to internet even although devices on the AP have IP addresses from the router DHCP. Try without MAC bind on.

Moderators: Sami