DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 Modem - UDP ports blocking

• mphayesuk
  • Topic Author
More
15 Feb 2010 17:14 #1 by mphayesuk
Vigor 120 Modem - UDP ports blocking was created by mphayesuk
Hi everyone, My line was upgraded to ADSL2+ a week ago which meant I needed a adsl modem to go with my existing router. Before the swap over I could play BF2 with no problems and now I am getting what looks like blocked UDP ports, I can see the packets leaving my rotuer but am not getting any back, the error on my router is "ICMP Unreachable". I have got the ISP working on this as well but I would thought I would askl the question here so that I can start to rule out products.

I have a Vigor 120 Modem plugged in to UK plusnet ISP.
Juniper Netscreen 5gt ADSL Wireless plugged in to the 120
And my network plugged in to the 5gt.

Everything working fine when I was using the 5gt as the modem and router, all the policies on the 5gt are good (I should know I teach the Juniper courses)

So if anyone can offer any suggestions that would be useful.

Thanks
Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2010 13:57 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Vigor 120 Modem - UDP ports blocking
How are you diagnosing that the issue is blocked UDP ports? the Vigor120 should be passing EVERYTHING through as its bridging, not routing or natting.

Forum Administrator

• mphayesuk
  • Topic Author
More
16 Feb 2010 14:08 #3 by mphayesuk
Replied by mphayesuk on topic Vigor 120 Modem - UDP ports blocking
Hi thanks for your reply, I am not saying that it is, I am only asking the question of "can it" or "has anyone else seen anything similar".

On my firewall I can see the UDP packets being sent but I am not getting any replies so I am trying to eleminate anything on my side of the internet.

Too many things changed at the same time, adsl2+ modem (vigor) and being swapped on to the ADSL2+ system. If I can rule out the modem then I can concentrate on building evidence that its the ISP that is stopping the UDP ports.

Thanks
Martin

More
17 Feb 2010 12:49 #4 by mtrim
Replied by mtrim on topic Vigor 120 Modem - UDP ports blocking
It is possible that you are seeing the issue (or a variant) of the problem I reported in http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=13279&highlight=

This was also UDP pings not being passed correctly (or possibly corrupted so they could not be routed). I raised a support call (DQ170457) which has been acknowledged as a problem, but no fix has been forthcoming.

More
01 Mar 2010 17:54 #5 by cdpoole
Replied by cdpoole on topic Vigor 120 Modem - UDP ports blocking
Yes, there are problems with iChat as well. No matter what admin say, they are wrong,

The modem does not let EVERYTHING through. It blocks iChat ports. This has been recognised as a problem but no solution has been forthcoming.

Useless item, useless company.

• mphayesuk
  • Topic Author
More
01 Mar 2010 17:58 #6 by mphayesuk
Replied by mphayesuk on topic Vigor 120 Modem - UDP ports blocking
I have now purchased a dlink modem, which has resolved all my issues, I have worked with other DrayTek products which have all been fine, my only hope is that a future firmware release will fix this issue. Thanks for all your comments.

Martin

Moderators: Sami