Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Adsl to Router to Access point ?

• icgaln
  • Topic Author
More
19 Feb 2010 15:04 #1 by icgaln
Adsl to Router to Access point ? was created by icgaln
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new adsl modem and router. I've got 2 internet connections i use, one is on a netgear and the other a Vigor 2800+.

I've had no problems with the 2800+ but the netgear is just pants so want to get another draytek product. However the first question I would like to know is has the technology yet been made where we can take 2 internet connections from 2 different ISP's and combine 2 8mb adsl connections into 1 16mb connection with out using adsl bonding from a single ISP or load balancing where the 2nd connection does nothing till the first is maxed out?
I am assuming no but its worth an ask :)

My second question to ask is if someone could point me in the direction of some products that would let me be fully in control of my internet in regards to having a adsl modem connected via a ethernet port to an ideally 4 port 1gb Ethernet router that does not already have a built in adsl unit or wireless access point.

What i'm trying to do is keep all 3 separate. I want to connect an adsl modem via an ethernet port to a router/firewall which is connected via an ethernet port to a wireless access point. Do draytek have such products and if so which are the best ones for me to get? I'm a home user not a business so I’m not after business features but am not adverse to them.

Any help appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami