DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2710 Firmware Flash - router despises me

• soddball
  • Topic Author
More
19 Feb 2010 15:23 #1 by soddball
Hi, I hope someone on here can work out what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to flash the firmware on my Draytek Vigor 2710N. I've downloaded the router tools, I've got the correct BIOS. Every time I use router tools to flash the software tells me 'Incorrect Password'.

The password for the router is blank. I've tried adding a password in, but that doesn't help since I get the same message. When I try to backup I get the error 'Failed to Login Router'.

I'm using Vista, standard firewall, no popup blockers or anything. I know it's not me, I updated the firmware on a Vigor 2800N last week and that didn't cause me any trouble. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2010 17:02 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic 2710 Firmware Flash - router despises me
There's 2 accounts on the router, one is the user account which is a blank username and has a blank password by default

The other is a username of admin and password of admin - for updating the firmware, you will need to be using the admin account so enter that as the password and it should work.

• soddball
  • Topic Author
More
19 Mar 2010 14:50 #3 by soddball
Replied by soddball on topic 2710 Firmware Flash - router despises me
Sorry for the delay in replying, and thanks for that, I should have realised.

I now get stuck when I try to update the router, I click 'send' and it fails with the message 'Request Time out Transfer Abort!' I click OK and get 'You should be reset router for normal work.'

Please could you let me know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

• soddball
  • Topic Author
More
12 Apr 2010 17:36 #4 by soddball
Replied by soddball on topic 2710 Firmware Flash - router despises me
Hi,

Just bumping this, I still have the same problem. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

More
07 May 2010 13:36 #5 by supplyimaging
Replied by supplyimaging on topic 2950 hates me too!
A sudden flash of inspiration ... Switch on that old XP machine and it all suddenly works!!! so read below and that was using Vista. Use XP and it is fixed. Lots of others hopefully have found this too!! Now with latest version software. Also note that upgrade utility just says it is version 3.5.5 even though it is the latest 4. something...

Hi, I have the same problem with a 2950 that is stuck with firmware version 3.2.0. It will not update using firmware upgrade utility version 3.5.5 and router in TFTP mode via web page of router. Will not upgrade using web page for upgrade either and will not go into TFTP mode using reset switch pushed at switch on either!
The router seems to mostly work but port forwarding is not quite right.... could be something to do with the same problem.

Moderators: Sami