DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

IP Alias with WAN DHCP on Vigor 3300

• martingkuk
  • Topic Author
More
12 Mar 2010 14:23 #1 by martingkuk
IP Alias with WAN DHCP on Vigor 3300 was created by martingkuk
We've just added a second ADSL connection to our network, using the WAN2 option on our Vigor 3300. Unlike our first connection, which is PPPoE, this one is an MPOA bridged connection - which, as far as the Vigor setup is concerned, means that you set the modem to MPOA and the WAN2 setting to DHCP. All of that is working fine, and we are successfully running VPN and VOIP over the two connections.

My problem is that we host a number of servers that are connected to from the outside world, using NAT port forwarding to handle the external IP address to internal address conversion. On the PPPoE connection, I am happily using the IP alias settings to set up our additional external addresses, and then forwarding these correctly in the NAT. We have been allocated a set of fied IP addresses for the new connection as well - but under the WAN DHCP option, there are no places to put fixed addresses, so all I can do is to route the interface as a whole.

Has anyone come across this one? My only thought at the moment is to run it as a static connection rather than a DHCP one, since the IP address is fixed anyway, but I'm not sure how that will work - are there any other ideas?

Thanks

Martin GK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami