DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2710n and multi WAN IP

More
14 Mar 2010 14:56 #1 by lozzd
Draytek 2710n and multi WAN IP was created by lozzd
Hello,

I've moved to a new internet connection with Zen internet who have provided me with 8 IP addresses. I have purchased a new Vigor 2710n to replace my 2600plus, as it does not have Wireless. I was under the impression the 2710n would be an "upgrade" being newer and more expensive, but I cannot find any settings regarding multiple WAN IPs when they were quite apparently in the 2600plus. Does this "Small office" router not support that?

Regards,
Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2010 22:18 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Draytek 2710n and multi WAN IP
You are correct, the 2710 series like the 2700 doesn't do multiple WAN IPs, that's something the 2820 series has though - the 2820 is the real replacement for the 2600 series.

More
14 Mar 2010 23:25 #3 by lozzd
Replied by lozzd on topic Draytek 2710n and multi WAN IP
Damn.. £120 for a router that doesn't even have all the functions of my old one..

The most frustrating thing is, I was looking through the HTML of the page to make sure I wasn't going crazy (looking for the button) and all the code there is to do it, just hidden using CSS! Thanks Draytek.

Wonder if I could flash the 2820 firmware onto this one.

Anyone want a brand new 2710? :roll:

More
15 Mar 2010 10:23 #4 by voodle
Well if you look back, the 2700 is the replacement for the 2500 series, which didn't do multiple static IPs as well.

More
15 Mar 2010 10:26 #5 by lozzd
Replied by lozzd on topic Draytek 2710n and multi WAN IP
Does it say that anywhere on the site? :D

I couldn't even find the spec that said it supports the multiple WAN IPs on the site anywhere.

Generally with model numbers, higher is better. 2710 > 2600...

Anyway I'll stop making excuses because it's not going to get me anywhere. Looks like I'll be using the 2600plus as the ADSL router and the 2710n as an extremely overpriced wireless access point.

More
15 Mar 2010 10:50 #6 by voodle
It does say here: http://draytek.co.uk/products/comparison.html in the last bit, although I don't think it says it too clearly.

You should be able to return the 2710 under the Distance Selling Regulations though, since it's not got the features you needed.

Moderators: Sami