DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Bandwidth management on Vigor2110 (FW 3.3.2)

• klaymen
  • Topic Author
More
16 Mar 2010 08:02 #1 by klaymen
We have a Vigor 2110vn router, firmware release 3.3.2, for some time (yes I'm the same one as in the other post :-). On the LAN side it has several wireless clients, and also some wired servers. I assign static IPs to the known MAC addresses of wireless clients and planned to use bandwith limits on some of those IPs.

Now my problem is that I can't make bandwidth management to work. I did *not* activate hardware acceleration, so that can't be the reason (actually firewall functions are activated at all, the router is in NAT mode and a few incoming ports are redirected to internal, wired servers).

My observations:
- session limit works; I can set an IP to, say, 10 connections and then it can't make more than 10 sessions
- bandwidth limits (TX/RX) don't seem to work at all, it is always unlimited. This is true for wired and wireless clients.
- when I view the "Data flow monitor" under "Diagnostics" I see all my LAN IPs, but under "TX rate (Kbps)" and "RX rate (Kbps)" I only see "---" when bandwidth limits are enabled. As soon as I disable bandwidth limits, I do see actual transmission rates. The "Session count" is always shown correctly, no matter what's enabled or disabled under "Bandwidth Management".

Is there something I missed? I read something about bandwidth management not working for wireless clients (which would be strange anyway), but I make this observation for wired systems as well. Or is there some known issue with this firmware release?

Thanks in advance, Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami