Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 Reboots Itself

• willie147scott
  • Topic Author
More
17 Mar 2010 08:11 #1 by willie147scott
2820 Reboots Itself was created by willie147scott
Hi,

I have tried on 2 different devices a 2820N and also a 2820VN and everytime I stick the device onto my network and the device is set as a DHCP relay it reboots for no apparent reason. I cannot use the device for DHCP as I have my own separate DHCP server on our WAN.
I I stick a PC on a LAN port and statically assign an IP then everything is fine.
Likwise for wireless.

What I am trying to accomplish is have 2 Internet Connections. One via the ADLS port and the other a Virgin Media via the Ethernet Port.

I have set up 2 SSID's and 2 VLANS as I would like to create an environment for my work users and a separate enviroment for our Customers so that that cannot access our network.

I set up one of the 2820's myself but thought it was faulty when it kept rebooting so I contacted the reseller and they set up one with a config they thought would work which was almost identical to mine but the result was the same.

Is there any way that I can find out what is causing the devices to reboot or anyone have any ideas?

Thanks and regards

Willie Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2010 09:07 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic 2820 Reboots Itself
Is the server you're using for DHCP relay on the same subnet as the router? That might be the issue, since you should only need to enter anything in the DHCP Relay setting if the DHCP server is on a different subnet than the router.

• willie147scott
  • Topic Author
More
17 Mar 2010 10:01 #3 by willie147scott
Replied by willie147scott on topic 2820 Reboots Itself

Voodle wrote: Is the server you're using for DHCP relay on the same subnet as the router? That might be the issue, since you should only need to enter anything in the DHCP Relay setting if the DHCP server is on a different subnet than the router.

Hi,

No the DHCP server is on a separate subnet.

I have the 192.168.16.x network at the site but at another site the 192.168.253.x network has the DHCP server.

Regards

Willie

More
17 Mar 2010 11:38 #4 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic 2820 Reboots Itself
It's surprising that it would restart with that setting, it's probably worth checking with draytek support if they've got some beta firmware that fixes that.

Moderators: Sami