DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Bandwidth Speed Issues - 2910

• sasquatch
  • Topic Author
More
17 Mar 2010 20:25 #1 by sasquatch
Bandwidth Speed Issues - 2910 was created by sasquatch
Hi folks, Just purchased this router brand new as my old bog standard netgear router died. Thought I would opt for something thats solid that will do its own thing without requiring constant attention/reboots etc.

However,

I'm having real throughput speed issues with my 50MB connection. It seems to be topping out at aroung 26MB.

I have turned off such things as security and QOS etc, but i'm not having much joy.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is the case?

Connection is verified at almost fully 50MB on direct modem connection to the pc.

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2010 20:37 #2 by njh
Replied by njh on topic Bandwidth Speed Issues - 2910
Unfortunately the 2910 does not support those speeds. Have a look here . Perhaps what you want is the recently released 2920 (I'm not sure if it has made it to the UK yet). Some of the other higher spec routers also will do. FWIW 26Mbps is really good for that router!

2900Gi/v2.5.6; 2900/v2.5.6

• sasquatch
  • Topic Author
More
17 Mar 2010 21:27 #3 by sasquatch
Replied by sasquatch on topic Bandwidth Speed Issues - 2910
Well all i can say is......... WOW! Why is this not on the main spec sheet of the routers product page? Otherwise i wouldnt have touched it. Why is it that my 5 year old Netgear can outperform a brand new so called high performance SoHo Draytech??? Pretty much beggars belief!

Anyway, thanks for the info mate, appreciate it.

Moderators: Sami