DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

HELP!!! How do I change the current channel frequency?!

• snowhawk
  • Topic Author
More
29 Mar 2010 18:24 #1 by snowhawk
Hi, I have recently joined a new company and they are running a wireless connection around the office. Unfortunately it is very temperamental which im guessing is because there are other connections in the area which are interfering!

How do you go about changing the channel frequency!??!

I have tried connecting my laptop (apple mac) directly into the router via ethernet cable and typing 192.168.0.1 but comes up with the service provider details....

The whole office is apple mac computer and have only seen instructions for PC systems...

Can someone help please

Should point out that the router is Vigor2820 Series

Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2010 21:18 #2 by thrain
From a terminal window type in netstat -rn

Then connect to the entry that is showing up as the default route

After you log in go to the AP Discovery under the wireless section, click on scan then click on statistics, this should recommend a channel to use

Its all done via a web page so it shouldn't really make much difference if its a Mac or a PC

• snowhawk
  • Topic Author
More
06 Apr 2010 12:12 #3 by snowhawk
I have done the terminal part in order to have the correct address......now my problem is I dont know the username and password as the person who set up the system doesn't work for the company anymore and we cant get hold of him.

Is there a way I can reset everything and start again!?

Thanks in advance

More
06 Apr 2010 21:50 #4 by admin
Is the router not on the default http://192.168.1.1 ?

If it is, then the web interface should appear and you can select the wireless channel in the wireless menu.

Forum Administrator

• snowhawk
  • Topic Author
More
07 Apr 2010 09:46 #5 by snowhawk
No It doesn't work by putting the default address in....I had to do the terminal thing to find out what it was, problem is I now don't know username and password to get in and change anything

Is it worth just pressing the reset button!? Thats not gonna cause any problems is it?!

More
07 Apr 2010 17:51 #6 by admin
The reset button will wipe out ALL settings, so that would be a problem if you don't want to set it up from scratch or don't know how to set it up and have all ISP info etc...

Forum Administrator

Moderators: Sami