DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Wireless and Vista

• trolleybus
  • Topic Author
More
05 Apr 2010 16:17 #1 by trolleybus
Wireless and Vista was created by trolleybus
I don’t usually have any problems in connecting PCs to Draytek routers using wireless, but then I seldom come across machines running Vista and that’s where I have hit a brick wall in getting things to work.

Details of the router are:
Model Name : Vigor2820Vn
Firmware Version : 3.3.3_232201
Build Date/Time : Oct 23 2009 15:23:15
ADSL Firmware Version : 232201_A Hardware: Annex A

In the general settings tab I have enabled wireless and have made a mode selection of Mixed(11b+11g+11n). The channel selected is 11.

On the security settings tab only SSID 1 is in use. Here we have selected WPA/PSK mode and entered a PSK of route654

All other settings for the wireless LAN are the defaults.

Now absolutely no problems at all in getting these parameters working on PCs using Windows7 or Xp Pro but the Vista machines simply will not connect wirelessly even if only a few feet away from the router. However, if I disable security, then a connection can be established.

On the Vista PCs I have flushed out all wireless settings to start afresh and tried connecting using the manual method but still to no avail. I guess I might be confused with the options presented in the manual setup in Vista but there again the automatic mode doesn't work either.

ESET is being used but diasabling this makes no difference.

For a brief period I did manage to establish a local connection but access to the Internet was denied.

I would appreciate if someone could guide me through a solution to this issue and if you are local to me would gladly buy you a pint for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami