DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Is my 9-month old 2820 broken already ?

• nick2906
  • Topic Author
More
08 Apr 2010 17:18 #1 by nick2906
Is my 9-month old 2820 broken already ? was created by nick2906
Last weekend my internet connectivity really went downhill - a lot of websites were unreachable, whilst others loaded very slowly. In the end I restarted the Draytek 2820 to a full factory reset, and I reloaded all the settings manually. Although access to the web was better, some sites loaded exceedingly slowly, so I tried re-loading the firmware - no change.

So, I decided to connect the Zyxel P-660R router that my ISP supplied when I joined, and I was amazed at what I saw. For the last few weeks, the Draytek 2820 has refused to connect at ADSL2+, but has connected at ADSL2 (G.992.3) at about 6300kbps. I was amazed to see the Zyxel connecting at ADSL2+ at over 7000kbps ! I've now reset the router again, and re-entered all the stuff for WAN1, but it's still only connecting at 6485kbps on ADSL2. With only one WAN configured, web access seems to be better, but I have yet to set up WAN2 (via the Vigor 120 modem), and that's when the trouble seems to start ?

Is my 2820 broken, or is it just not up to the job ? :roll:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2010 20:32 #2 by dbames
Replied by dbames on topic Is my 9-month old 2820 broken already ?
I think that's fairly typical. I know my 2820 connects approx 500kbit lower than my ISP-supplied router.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami