Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2910vg Blocking Services ans web sites.

• themodernist
  • Topic Author
More
13 Apr 2010 13:46 #1 by themodernist
2910vg Blocking Services ans web sites. was created by themodernist
Hi,

i have searched the forum hi and low and cant seem to find an answer.

I have a 2910vg which i have had for couple of years and has performed faultlessly on a cable network.

However i now am having strange issues with MSN messenger and certain web sites.

I have tried all different MTU sizes, 1500, 1492.1442.1440 and the router dtill blocks MSN etc. Even made sure time date was set correctly.

i have re-flashed latest firmware 3.2.3.1 and done factory reset and from a basic setup, wan connectivity no firewall or that these services are blocked.

Put in a another router and everything works fines.

It seems as if the DrayTek is automatically blocking these services from the get go.

The web sites also not working i have tried my ISP's DNS, OpenDNS and Commodo DNS and still some website wont show. The websites that wont show are not dodgy ones too they are like Realradio.co.uk and the strathclyde police.

I have tried to see if i could find a previous firmware to see if i could rollback and isolate where this issue lies as i had all this working before.

If some kind person at Draytek could send me in the direction of previous firmwares as i cant seem to find a library on the site. i could try that. Or if someone know how to solve on current FW i would be entirely grateful.

Been at this for days now and pulling my hair out, well what little i have left lol

TIA TheModernist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami