Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820n crashing with port 80 open

• element059
  • Topic Author
More
15 Apr 2010 03:58 #1 by element059
Vigor 2820n crashing with port 80 open was created by element059
Hi,

I had an issue with the Vigor 2820n crashing about a week ago and the problem went away when I rest to the routers defaults. But the problem has come back now i've assigned my static ip line as WAN1 and opened port 80.

I've tested with and without DoS attack enabled and the problem seems to arise when port 80 is opened.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2010 14:43 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Vigor 2820n crashing with port 80 open
Wouldn't port 80 be open by default as your access to the router's web page? Why would you have to "open" it? Or are you routing port 80 to another machine on your network but are still trying to use it for the router as well? Maybe change the router to port 8080 or whatever you like and see what happens?

• element059
  • Topic Author
More
15 Apr 2010 18:52 #3 by element059
Replied by element059 on topic Vigor 2820n crashing with port 80 open

Piste Basher wrote: Wouldn't port 80 be open by default as your access to the router's web page? Why would you have to "open" it? Or are you routing port 80 to another machine on your network but are still trying to use it for the router as well? Maybe change the router to port 8080 or whatever you like and see what happens?

I'm forwarding port 80 to port 8080 which is the port for my server and trying to access my server using a static ip. This setup works fine but whenever I setup the forward the router crashes after about several hours of use.

More
16 Apr 2010 09:39 #4 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Vigor 2820n crashing with port 80 open
So which port are you using for access to the router itself? This is set by default to be 80, so if you haven't changed it presumably there will be a conflict?

Moderators: Sami