DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820Vn lockup

• acseuser
  • Topic Author
More
21 Apr 2010 21:01 #1 by acseuser
2820Vn lockup was created by acseuser
I haven't seen this covered for a while, so I guess I must be in the minority??

My 2820Vn (running 3.3.3) locks up quite regularly. I cannot access the WAN or the mgmt interface. I can access other stuff across the router, on the LAN, so it hasn't completely died. A power reset restores it to normal.

I'm not using VPN; I do have some simple (port 80 mainly) port forwarding rules... Any ideas??

Thanks,

Simon R.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2010 22:52 #2 by sevilla315
Replied by sevilla315 on topic 2820Vn lockup
I had a similar but not exactly the same problem with my 2820vn with the latest firmware (3.3.3, upgraded about two months or so ago).
About a month ago (it's 11 months old) I started to have the internet connection halt, spuriously, and sometimes after a power loss. On some occasions I continued to be able to make calls over the voip phone, and access the NAS raid without problems whilst the internet connection was impaired.
On restarting the router, the internet connection was impaired, downloading something like <100 bytes per minute. Switching off for hours sometimes helped, or disabling the device and re-enabling, but it was fairly inconsistent. I swapped in my old 2800 and that has had no problems to date.
Either it's a hardware fault, or there's some bugs with the version of the firmware. I've got a call with Draytek support about it, and hoping to have it replaced under warranty.

• acseuser
  • Topic Author
More
21 May 2010 09:30 #3 by acseuser
Replied by acseuser on topic 2820Vn lockup

Either it's a hardware fault, or there's some bugs with the version of the firmware.

Most likely the latter for me.

I did hear rumours of a new firmware rev. from Draytek, mebbe it will fix that? who knows.

Meanwhile, I have a CISCO here; I'm planning on putting that downstream as a DSL modem, and then just letting the 2820 act as a router, bypassing the DSL modem hardware/firmware...

Good luck with your router!

- Simon R.
[/quote]

Moderators: Sami