DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2710Vn remote admin - won't log in

More
27 Apr 2010 13:44 #1 by merry
2710Vn remote admin - won't log in was created by merry
HI all,

Anyone experiencing issues with remote administration?

At present, I can access the login page remotely [so there's HTTP connection], but when I try to log in, the unit returns the logon screen again (blanked ready for another try...). I can log in fine from the local network, it just doesn't work remotely. I've tested both from a laptop over 3G internet, and from work using our quite fast ADSL. No Joy.

I have not enabled (ie entered) any IP range limits for admin as I do not know where I will be calling in from till I get there. HTTP: Admin has moved to port 8081 to allow for server remote admin on 8080 and web serving on 80. redirects will eventually occur to the server for common services (mail, ftp, etc)

The firmware was upgraded perhaps a month ago, with no apparent issues, and I'm loathe to fix that which isn't obviously broken...unless it is, of course!

If anyone has suggestions or observatoins, please let me know. I need remote access as adjustment of port setups for the server will be required from time to time - I get more chance to do updates when I'm away than when at home.

Thanks,
Tom

PS After reading the FAQ/setup guides carefully, I've set up the open ports required for my network server's interface. Actually fairly painless when I did it right [Open Ports not Port Redirect].
When I need to redirect for the server, it could be more complex as I need UDP & TCP on some ports, guess it's two rules then!

Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2010 14:23 #2 by merry
Replied by merry on topic 2710Vn remote admin - won't log in
Hmm. A very odd one here.

There is no successful login using IE8

BUT it works fine in Firefox 3.5....
...so i have a workaround. Problem is that Firefox is not usually available on 'borrowed' machines, and only on my desktop & laptop at work - for better or worse, it's a Miscrosoft environment.
Fireforx is my default browser at home and i will have to see if IE logs in on the LAN...

Still love to know what's happening though.
Tom.

Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami