DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2600vgi cannot see AP but D-Link can!

• buchanman
  • Topic Author
More
03 May 2010 10:20 #1 by buchanman
I have just connected up a 2600VGI to my home network as I always wanted a Draytek after seeing them in many companies.
My network consists of.
2 off Desktop PCs on ethernet
1 off Notebook PC WiFi
1 off MacBook WiFi
3 off Network Printers on ethernet switch
1 off Nintendo Wii WiFi
I also have a US Robotics Wireless Access Point that connects to a Humax Freesat PVR and a Tivo Freeview PVR.

The problem is that the 2600vgi cannot see the US Robotics AP although if I swop the 2600vgi for a D-Link or a Netgear everything works perfectly.

The settings for all three routers are exactly the same as far as I can see and everything but the AP work perfectly with the 2600vgi

I have disabled security/firewall changed channels etc but to no avail.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as I would like to use the Draytek as it is certainly faster than my other routers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2010 17:24 #2 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Vigor 2600vgi cannot see AP but D-Link can!
The vigor is probaly set to use a different subnet to that the access point uses. Has it got a fixed IP or does it trying get it from the server in the 2600?

Howard

• buchanman
  • Topic Author
More
03 May 2010 18:47 #3 by buchanman
Replied by buchanman on topic Vigor 2600vgi cannot see AP but D-Link can!
Hi, Howard

Everything is on a fixed IP except the laptops.
I have tried entering the fixed IPs on the 2600vgi and also let the router sort it out itself but to no avail. The subnet is correct.
The funny thing is if I connect the US Robotics AP by ethernet cable to a laptop and log in, it can see the 2600vgi wireless connection but the 2600vgi cannot see the AP.
I reset the Netgear to factory default and set it up as a new installation and it found all my connections including the AP by itself in about 2 minutes!

More
04 May 2010 13:45 #4 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Vigor 2600vgi cannot see AP but D-Link can!
Can you clarify if the WAP is to be connected to the Vigor by wireless or ethernet. If wireless then I think you may have a problem as you seem to want to connect two devices at once to the WAP in which case you need to set up the 2600 in WDS mode but i think that only works with Draytek WAPs. If you only need one at once then its the WAP that gets an IP from the 2600.
see http://www.draytek.com/user/SupportAppnotes.php?Id=129

Howard

• buchanman
  • Topic Author
More
04 May 2010 14:44 #5 by buchanman
Replied by buchanman on topic Vigor 2600vgi cannot see AP but D-Link can!
Hi,

The WAP is connected to the Vigor by wireless.
The WAP can connect up to 4 ethernet devices although I only have a Tivo PVR and a Humax HD PVR (all on fixed IPs) connected at the moment.
It looks as if I will have to investigate the WDS setup as that may cure my problem.
As an experiment I connected up a Buffalo router last night and I could access everything over my network and the internet in about 5 minutes!
The Vigor still can't pick up my WAP!!

Thanks.

Moderators: Sami