DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2600Plus Backup Configuration fails

More
11 May 2010 20:54 #1 by rru
I have a Draytek Vigor 2600plus Annexe A (firmware 2.5.2) and I’d like to backup its configuration file. However, when I attempt to do so, it fails. There are no warnings or error messages – the file simply isn’t backed up.

I have the same version of the router, but with firmware version 2.5.4, and I’m able to backup its configuration file.

I did wonder about opening the configuration file in Notepad (instead of saving it direct to disk) and then saving the Notepad file, but will I lose any of the configuration file formatting?

I think I may have a problem with the 2.5.2 router, but it’s configured with a lot of VPN channels etc which I’d rather not have to configure from scratch. I was hoping to be able to back it up, and then import the settings to the 2.5.4 router. Assuming I can backup the settings, what’s the best way to go about transferring the settings from one router to another (with different firmware versions)? Is the backup/restore facility safe, or will any settings (passwords etc) be lost in the transfer?

Thanks very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2010 09:19 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Vigor 2600Plus Backup Configuration fails
What happens if you enable firmware update via FTP and backup the configuration that way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami