Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2110 3G Connection

• cqmsupport
  • Topic Author
More
18 May 2010 12:04 #1 by cqmsupport
2110 3G Connection was created by cqmsupport
Hi,

Have bought a 2110 and only want to use the 3G capability. I have an 02 Internet Dongle that connects and this is all good.

However, I would like the router when it's switched on to automatically connect to the 02 Dongle. The only way I've been able to do this is to switch the router on as normal (the dongle doesn't connect) but when I do a soft reboot the dongle then attempts to connect. I have put a ping to keep alive in and it this makes no difference i.e. the dongle won't connect staright away or after a minute one the router has been turned on.

I have also upgraded to the latest firmware available on the main support section of the site.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can achieve this?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2010 17:45 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic 2110 3G Connection
Do you mean that you want the 3G connection to turn on immediately once the router is restarted rather than waiting 30 seconds - 1 minute to start connecting? I dont think that would be possible since the 3G connection is designed as a back up connection for the main WAN. You can watch the countdown if you set up Syslog on the router.

Is the 3G modem detecting when you first turn the router on? You can check on the Online Status page as it'll show a mobile phone icon

More
18 May 2010 20:14 #3 by bstanier
Replied by bstanier on topic 2110 3G Connection
I'm not sure what you mean. My 2110 will reconnect when the router is powered up (say after a mains supply fail), but it takes a about minute for the dongle to reestablish 3G connection. There should be no need to soft reboot. What dongle is it? Mine's an E160.

• cqmsupport
  • Topic Author
More
19 May 2010 10:24 #4 by cqmsupport
Replied by cqmsupport on topic 2110 3G Connection
Voodle/bstanier

Thanks for your replies.

The 3G modem does not seem to be detected at first when you turn the router on as I can't see it in Online Status.

I'll setup syslog and have a look there. Perhaps I am just being impatient.

• cqmsupport
  • Topic Author
More
20 May 2010 11:08 #5 by cqmsupport
Replied by cqmsupport on topic 2110 3G Connection
I ran the syslog and found that the 3G fails to connect for some reason but if I pull it out and push it back in again we get connected fine. As we're only using this for demo purposes this is fine although not ideal.

More
21 May 2010 09:04 #6 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic 2110 3G Connection
Which modem is it? Since you've already got the syslog file, it'd be worth sending that to draytek support and they should be able to look into improving support for it.

Moderators: Sami