DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2820n & 2 PPPoA ADSL 2+ connections

More
27 May 2010 09:26 #13 by wiggum
Replied by wiggum on topic Draytek 2820n & 2 PPPoA ADSL 2+ connections
Great! Hope it works out for you. You can let me know how you get on. I'll be going out to site later today (I think) so I'll update this post then. Thanks to everyone who's replied.

I'm still unsure on whether each connection should be on the same subnet or not but I guess I'll work it out when I get there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2010 09:23 #14 by wiggum
Replied by wiggum on topic Draytek 2820n & 2 PPPoA ADSL 2+ connections
Hi kwiksand, how did you get on?

Against the odds, mine's now completely working! My setup is:

- x2 PPPOA ADSL connections from different suppliers.
- x1 ADSL goes directly from the wall, through the Micro-filter and into WAN1 on my Draytek Vigor 2820
- x1 ADSL connection goes from the wall, through the micro-filter and into my Draytek 120 Modem.

- The connection from my Draytek modem goes to WAN2 on my Vigor 2820.

As I had previously mentioned, I planned to set devices using each seperate connection on a seperate subnet but was having issues with this. I then decided it wasn't necessary in this setup as long as I set the load balancing policy correctly.

- Under WAN > Internet Access I have the WAN1 connection setup as normal, and have WAN2 setup as PPPOE with the ADSL login details entered.

- I've bound IP's to MAC addresses for the devices being used, then setup the load balancing policy so the relevant devices use the relevant WAN connection (with failover).

In my setup (if anyone is interested), one of the LAN ports is conected to a media converter to convert the data to fibre. It is then patched to a seperate comms room, through another media converter and into a switch. Sockets in this switch are then linked to the relevant wall ports in the patch panel.

If anyone wants to know anything more about my setup, just let me know!

• kwiksand
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jun 2010 09:32 #15 by kwiksand
Replied by kwiksand on topic Draytek 2820n & 2 PPPoA ADSL 2+ connections
Very similar setup to here, except no media converters. I got the Vigor120 late on Friday afternoon and installed it that evening. Everything seems to be running well, though time will tell as the office fills up.

We've had a few issues of late with failed connections to our companies servers (which for a business obviously isn't good), I'm hoping the Vigor modem, and the new firmware I loaded on the 2820 helps things a bit. We'll see!

Moderators: Sami