Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2800 - which firmware is best?

• ralphweir
  • Topic Author
More
24 May 2010 12:38 #1 by ralphweir
2800 - which firmware is best? was created by ralphweir
Hi,

There are two versions of the firmware for the 2800 - can anyone advise which would be better for me?

Line length is 4.8km, running ADSL2+ with Opal - big attenuation at about 54dB, and the default firmare gets me about 600Kbps up, 2.2Mbps down. I haven't tried the alternative modem firmware - is it better or worse for long lines?

Thanks!
R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2010 11:51 #2 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic 2800 - which firmware is best?
Hi R,

I recently had found a 2800 struggling with ADSL 2 + with Opal. It ran for years with Nildram G.DMT and was rock solid.

The connection is set to connect deliberately at G.DMT as anything else would at best fall over every couple of hours.

I spend a whole Sunday on site, trying the 'alt' and beta firmwares, but found the 2.8.2 "standard" firmware E.38.2.23 to be most reliable.

Regards,

Neal

• ralphweir
  • Topic Author
More
25 May 2010 22:42 #3 by ralphweir
Replied by ralphweir on topic 2800 - which firmware is best?
Thanks Neal - I had those issues of disconnecting every couple of hours, and also found that G.DMT was reliable - it is now running G.992.5 which seems to be just as stable but slightly faster, although it did disconnect at 4am last night for some unknown reason. It seems that "Multimode" doesn't work with Opal.
It sounds like - if it's working, I should leave it alone!

Thanks,
Ralph

Moderators: Sami