DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Directing traffic between ADSL and WAN based on port (2820)

• davemarks
  • Topic Author
More
29 May 2010 10:27 #1 by davemarks
Hi

I have a Vigor2820 setup with an ADSL connection and a second ADSL connection via the WAN port

I'd like to setup the router so that all traffic over port 80 (HTTP) and port 443 (HTTP) would go via the onboard ADSL modem, but any traffic from any other port would go via the WAN port

Can anybody tell me if this is possible and how I would go about setting this up on the Vigor 2820

If possible, I'd also like to set certain IP's to only use the WAN, if I can do this based on destination and/or source IP that would give me a lot of felxibility

FYI, the reason I want to do this is: We have about 12 people in the office sharing a 7MB/512kb ADSL connection mainly using a web based application for all their customer management

Whenever a large email is downloaded or especially sent this has a performance hit on everyone else using the internet to browse the web so i want to try and avoid this if possible.

Uploading/downloading large images is also an issue, so having the ability to define whether to use the WAN or ADSL for the destination IP would enable me to host the image upload process on another IP... I guess AVG downloads and windows updates use port 80 to so this would help for these too

Many thanks

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami