• pjwoodward
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
13 Mar 2014 23:09 #1 by pjwoodward
2860N PPPOE to Sonicwall was created by pjwoodward
Hi

I'm trying to configure the 2860N to PPPOE our VDSL connection straight to our Sonicwall and was wondering if anyone knows how?

I had difficulty enough getting any sort of VDSL connection, mostly due to BT Openreach saying the line was fine and then discovering a fault after they'd swapped over our connection and then finding out I had to put a VLAN tag of 101 onto the connection.

Anyway I have now got the 2860N connected to the VDSL and we have internet connectivity through it, but I could really do with it just PPPOE'ing the connection onto the Sonicwall but I just can't seem to get them to talk to one another in this way.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pjwoodward
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Mar 2014 10:43 #2 by pjwoodward
Replied by pjwoodward on topic Re: 2860N PPPOE to Sonicwall
I have continued to try and set up a PPPoE session on our VDSL connection through the Draytek into our Sonicwall box but with no success.

I reset the Draytek so it is using it's factory settings, the only change I made to these settings was to tick the PPPoE for Wired Connections box on the WAN1 configuration.

However the Sonicwall doesn't seem to be able to get through to our ISP in order to create a connection.

Has anyone successfully managed to get a PPPoE session on a UK VDSL connection using a Sonicwall or any other device, where the Draktek 2860N is just acting as a modem? If so, how did you configure the Draytek to enable this?

• rioja
  • User
  • User
More
12 May 2014 17:39 #3 by rioja
Replied by rioja on topic Re: 2860N PPPOE to Sonicwall
Hi, I have just today successfully, after a lot of trial and error, acheived this.
The trick is to set the 2860 WAN1 as PPPoE and in on the details page click the PPPoE Pass-through for wired lan option but do not enter any other credentials. Then go back and change the WAN1 connection type from PPPoE to None. Also, BT Broadband, set the VLAN tag to 101 on the 2860.

Edit:
After selecting PPPoE Pass-through on the Details page ensure PPPoE mode is set as "Disabled".

• bomberbrown
  • User
  • User
More
17 Jul 2015 12:47 #4 by bomberbrown
Replied by bomberbrown on topic Re: 2860N PPPOE to Sonicwall
Rioja, Old post I know...

Out of curiosity, how did/do you have the sonicwall setup?