DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Dual Wan selecting providers BE SKY - whos using who.

• jaller79
  • Topic Author
More
16 Apr 2014 16:06 #1 by jaller79
Any advise current on who is a good provider in UK current

Looking for 2nd provider to accompany Bt on dual Wan setup -

BE there has moved to SKY

current was -

Current Speed download 18mbs
Upload speed 1.54mbs

Looking for static and good customer service price no issue -

Thanks

John

thanks

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dogtix
  • User
  • User
More
04 May 2014 15:57 #2 by dogtix
I'm using Be and Zen - I was also slightly dubious when Be got swallowed up by Sky, but in all honesty I've experienced no degredation in service or customer support. I rate both Be and Zen highly for support.

• tobythetenor
  • User
  • User
More
30 May 2014 13:51 #3 by tobythetenor
Check Xilo, ICUK, Spitfire.

I agree with Zen also.
Am a Xilo customer myself, have some clients using ICUK (costly but excellent product and customer service) and my biggest client uses Spitfire for their VOIP.
Also worth checking local providers, who often deliver a better service over their own pipe (eg Hyperoptic in London).
Andrews & Arnold also excellent, but extremely pricey.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
10 Feb 2019 15:06 #4 by hornbyp
If you're happy with BT as your main provider, then I can't imagine anyone else disappointing you :lol: I've had many, many fallings-out with them over the years :roll:

Quite old data, but see: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/telecoms-paytv-complaints-june-2017 ... and expand the "Home broadband compaints"
section. I'm sure I've seen a more recent version of this data, but I can't seem to find it.

Speaking personally, Talktalk were great for Performance/Price, but utterly, utterly useless when it comes to Fault Finding and Customer Service. My relationship with them almost reached the small-claims court ... but they backed down before we got there :evil:

+1 for Zen support. My first call to them, resulted in the support guy saying: "I don't know, I'll have to find out and ring you back". I thought, "yeah, yeah" ... but, he did ring me back and with a sensible answer. They're a bit dearer thougher.

If this second line is for resilience, then you're going to need to find a provider who is using none of the same infrastructure as your BT service - otherwise, you've got a single point of failure.