• idmanager
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 May 2014 16:23 #1 by idmanager
Network boot was created by idmanager
Hi
trying to setup 2860n to see my server so i can network boot and install images i have saved on my server, but can not find the custom dhcp option, i need to add 2
Option 66 – TFTP server IP
Option 67 – Bootfile name
Can anybody point me to the correct setup page
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
25 May 2014 20:01 #2 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Network boot
DHCP can be find at LAN >> General Setup, there is a small box about the middle of the page named "Advanced" You can configure DHCP server options here.

• idmanager
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 May 2014 10:08 #3 by idmanager
Replied by idmanager on topic Re: Network boot
Now working. Thankyou

More
29 Nov 2014 00:22 #4 by pentaczek
Replied by pentaczek on topic Re: Network boot
Idmmanager, I'm having exactly the same problem, with the same model of Vigor.

I have setup option 66 to IP address of TFTP server where I have images and configured PXE
In option 67 I have configured boot file name (located in root directory of my TFTP).

I keep on getting PXE-E32 TFTP Open Timeout.

Could you please post a sample configuration of those 2 options ?
Could you also please tell me if you did anything more than configuring those 2 options on DHCP ?

Thanks in advance for help

• idmanager
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Nov 2014 09:47 #5 by idmanager
Replied by idmanager on topic Re: Network boot
I put the ipaddress of the boot file in the configure as well and I'm using windows server 2012 r2 and have wds running on it
I have it working on 25 machines no problem with netgear switch in between the router and machines I sm letting the router do the dhcp not the server but have the server as a static ip

DHCP Settings to deploy x86 architecture:

Predefined Option 43 – 010400000000FF
Custom-made Option 60 – String – PXEClient
Predefined Option 66 – IP or Hostname of the WDS Server (in our case 192.168.0.8)
Predefined Option 67 – boot\x86\wdsnbp.com

One more thing to keep an eye on are open ports that need to be open to the WDS server:
UDP – 67, 68, 69, 4011
TCP – 135, 137, 138, 139, 5040

Unsure how to send you a config file. But if you can tell me I can attach it

More
29 Nov 2014 21:34 #6 by pentaczek
Replied by pentaczek on topic Re: Network boot
Thank you idmanager, I really appreciate your help.

Our configurations and the goal I want to achieve are very similar.
I have checked my options on my Vigor but apart option 43 and 60 wds specific it's all set the same. Tried also with 43/60 but no result;(

I have Qnap with pxe configured (works when qnap is a dhcp server) but i would like router to do dhcp.
Following everything I could find online still ends with Timeouts while trying to connect to TFTP.

In the meantime I run Wireshark. I have compared DHCP packets when Qnap is dhcp server and when Draytek.
Qnap makes things easier (there's only 6 basic options) in comparision to Draytek (12 options provided in the packet)
The thing that for 100% makes the difference is the Boot file name in OFFER packet. In Qnap it shows filename and everything works. In Draytek unfortunately not, Im getting message " Boot file name not given", although in options in packet I can see option 67 configured with correct file name. Later I will attach log to visualize it better.

If you would have any other idea what can be the cause I will appreciate it as im running out of ideas.

My Vigor is 2860n running firmware 3.7.4.1.