DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Accessing USB storage through Samba from non Windows devices

• apouchot
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jun 2014 15:03 #1 by apouchot
Hi all,

I just purchased a Draytek Vigor 2830N-PLUS router (with firmware 3.6.4_db_232201), connected a USB stick and shared it for remote access through Samba on my local LAN. I can access the USB storage remotely from all Windows clients (both through Ethernet and Wifi), however I cannot remotely access the shared drive from devices such as:
- Android phones (using either AndSMB or CifsManager apps)
- Humax HD-FOX T2 freeview box with embedded Samba client (connected through wire)
1) Has anyone ever managed to remotely access USB storage connected on 2830N through Android devices? (would be appreciated if someone could simply download free apps such as AndSMB or CifsManager from Google Play and confirm)
2) My Android phone and Humax box can both access other Samba servers from a NAS, hence I do not think the issue is coming from those devices. Is there a way to troubleshoot the issue / view the logs of the Samba server on my 2830N+? I am suspecting a authenticating issue, though I tried both connecting as anonymous or with a userid/password to no avail.

Thanks a lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• knightvision
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
16 Sep 2014 21:15 #2 by knightvision
bumb.

i cant get an android media player to access the files either. Have tried FTP, and anonymous Samba. Disk detected and accessible from windows.

Any ideas?

More
27 Sep 2019 21:48 #3 by pol098
A comment across the years for anyone coming here from a search, as I did: I have exactly the same problem with a 2860Vn+ 3.8.9.5_BT (latest as of September 2019). I'm searching here for solutions, and finding many instances, no solution. Can access from Windows (10/64), not Android (using Total Commander LAN plugin, which gives me access to Windows shares). The Android users are authenticating - they are listed in the router's list of connected users - but I can't find any way to recognise the directories.