DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2 networks / 1 router but need to bridge ONLY for a printer

• cris fleur
  • Topic Author
More
12 Sep 2014 16:47 #1 by cris fleur
I'm hoping someone might be able to think of a solution for this small dilemma!

I'm running a 2680. The site where this is, we have been asked to set up a second network for some spare office space that will be sub-let to another company. Both companies run Active Directory domains so I figured, no problem - separate IP ranges and keep their ports separated. But now they want access to a printer on the original host network.

Is there an easy way to allow this via the Draytek? I can setup Inter-LAN routing easy enough but I'm concerned about the AD's and/or the DHCP servers squabbling if the two ranges can talk to each other.

Is there an elegant (read:easy) way of allowing just the print traffic through, maybe by a single IP address only?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2016 08:58 #2 by alka5eltzer
Hi Chris... did you ever find a solution to this?

More
17 Aug 2016 14:18 #3 by admin3
There's two ways to do this:

1. Make a new VLAN (i.e. LAN3) specifically for the printers & shared devices, in the Inter-LAN routing table, set LAN1 to have access to LAN3, LAN2 also gets access to LAN3 but LAN1 and LAN2 do not have access to each other.

2. Enable Inter-LAN routing between the two networks, then set up Firewall filter rules to limit what can be accessed between the two networks to just the printers.

Forum Administrator