Vigor 2860 + two Huawei E3131 mobile dongles on T-Mobile

• enigmaworld
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 May 2015 16:54 #1 by enigmaworld
Hi People,

we have purchased a new Vigor 2860 the other day and flashed with the latest firmware, check that are mobile dongles E3131 are supported by this model but can't get either adapter to connect. We have connected both dongles because the plan was if our main adsl connection goes down it would fall over to ideally both the broadband dongles on load balance. The vigor detects both dongles and i was able to setup the first dongle to connect when the main connection goes down but unable to configure the second dongle to also cut in as i had to select a different wan connection. The main problem is i can't get either to connect via PPP Mode or DHCP Mode. PPP Mode gives me a IP and DNS and reports the connected and was then expect to be directed the the T-Mobile pay-as-you-go webpage to add funds but browser dosn't redirect and can't display page. I have check all the default settings for the APN which is set to general.t-mobile.uk and no user name or password. Wondered if anyone else out there has had the same issue with these broadband dongles or something i'm doing wrong?

many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2015 13:50 #2 by grufft
Not exactly this issue but I did have problems loading data to a PAYG sim. The ee splash screen just didn't display.

My solution was to call EE and buy the data on the phone. Restart the router / unplug/replug the modem and it worked! Until it ran out - then you have to do it all again.

gruff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.