Vigor 130, accessing the interface through a router

• chowderman
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Jun 2015 16:20 #1 by chowderman
Dear all,

I have no problem setting up as per the manual. I do however have a simple desire that isn't covered in the manual - to access the Vigor 130 web interface whilst it is plugged into my (Netgear) router.

Say my Netgear Router has an IP address of 192.168.1.1, is it as simple as changing the IP address of the V130 to 192.168.1.x. Would I have to change any other settings? (I can make guesses but so far my guesses haven't worked).

TIA

P.S. I appreciate the FAQ section on potatoes and WIFI which has answered a question that, I now see I should have been asking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fchef
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
27 Jun 2015 20:17 #2 by fchef
You can't access Vigor 130 webif through any router.
Only in selected Vigor models (2860, 2925) you can see the wan stats of the 130 into the router's web interface.
If you absolutely need to have access to Vigor 130 webif then use a simple 4 port lan switch, connect one end to the Vigor (apply static ip 192.168.1.x) , one in the netgear wan port and one in your local switch or PC to have access (that's because Vigor 130 has only one port)

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
02 Jul 2015 10:43 #3 by adrianh54
I use an ASUS AC2400 wireless router connected to the Draytek 130.

Type 192.168.2.1 into a browser and the Vigor weblogin is available.

• fchef
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
02 Jul 2015 15:11 #4 by fchef
Have you connected the Vigor 130 as PPoE bridge modem in Asus wan port?
Is this something they have implemented with the latest firmware or it existed before?

In my case it does not work (vigor 130 bridge modem to Vigor 2925 router)
Thanks

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
02 Jul 2015 15:31 #5 by adrianh54

fchef wrote: Have you connected the Vigor 130 as PPoE bridge modem in Asus wan port?
Is this something they have implemented with the latest firmware or it existed before?

In my case it does not work (vigor 130 bridge modem to Vigor 2925 router)
Thanks

I am on VDSL2 ( FTTC) , I simply connected the Vigor 130 to the BT socket , powered up and linked the RJ45 from the Vigor to the Wan /internet port on the ASUS ( RT-AC87U ) .

The Vigor set up automatically to my ISP settings .

I can enter the Web GUI via a browser and also access via telnet and this works with the supplied frmware and the latest upgrade.

• chowderman
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
03 Jul 2015 10:41 #6 by chowderman
Don't misunderstand me, I can use the Vigor 130 perfectly if I follow the instructions!

The aim was to access the web interface from my PC (on a semi regular basis) without piddling around with plugging and unplugging Ethernet cables - that isn't in the instructions . (Even if that meant changing settings in the router).

Never mind, it isn't an absolute must that forces the purchase of a switch.

Thanks for the pointers.