• icarusbop
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Jun 2015 12:20 #1 by icarusbop
2860n wifi schedule one SSID? was created by icarusbop
Hello:

Suddenly feeling a little disappointed with my router which so far I have been very impressed with...
I am trying to use the scheduler to turn off one of the Wi-Fi SSID's only, but it looks like it is all SSID's or nothing for the wireless scheduling.
The manual is very vague in this area, someone please tell this can be done and restore my confidence!

Thus far I am very happy with the 2860n but I am hoping to use it to have a children Wi-Fi and a parents Wi-Fi, I want the children's Wi-Fi to be on a scheduler, but not the parents.

Regards

Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2015 13:02 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2860n wifi schedule one SSID?
To apply a schedule to a single SSID, you'd need to use a firewall filter-rule to block that SSID's IP range during hours that you want to stop its use. I'm not aware of any way to schedule specifically turning off just one SSID unfortunately.

• icarusbop
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
01 Jul 2015 12:56 #3 by icarusbop
Replied by icarusbop on topic Re: 2860n wifi schedule one SSID?

Voodle wrote: To apply a schedule to a single SSID, you'd need to use a firewall filter-rule to block that SSID's IP range during hours that you want to stop its use. I'm not aware of any way to schedule specifically turning off just one SSID unfortunately.

Thanks very much for this, I hadn;t thought of that approach - it works great!
My router is now super again. :)