• carroll
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Jul 2015 23:53 #1 by carroll
Strange DV130 firmware? was created by carroll
Running a DV130 with firmware 3.7.8.1

However I cannot get PPPoE pass through to work. Firstly, when I log into the web interface, there is no section to set it. The PPPoE/PPPoA screen simply down not have the option (no checkbox). As I looked deeper I also noticed that I also have other menu items missing - no firewall, no NAT, no Objects setting, no CSM and no Applications! Do I have some dodgy firmware? I updated directly from the Draytek site but definitely feel that it is not right.

Any advice on how I can check this to understand is 1) there is an issue with the actual modem or 2) I just upgraded the wrong firmware?

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jul 2015 06:11 #2 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Strange DV130 firmware?
The Vigor 130 is purely a bridge modem, it does not have a firewall or any of the settings you mention.

Admin answered your previous post and supplied the information for your connection.

More
22 Jul 2015 09:20 #3 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Strange DV130 firmware?
From the page that admin linked you to:- (i.e. the tab for the Vigor modem, not the router tab)

"3. Go to [Internet Access] > [PPPoE / PPPoA], select the Enable radio button at the top of the page to ensure that the PPPoE pass-through is enabled."

So there is no setting as such, it is enabled automatically. Note also the VLAN tag setting for your ISP which must be input in the modem.