Block all access to Internet at specific times

• rich_s
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Jul 2015 09:53 #1 by rich_s
Hi All,

wondered if you could point me in the right direction for the simplest way to set up my Vigor 2860 to block internet access to my children during certain scheduled times and days.

At the moment they are on holiday, so I would like to block access from 9.30pm and 8.00am (for example) on all days of the week, but during term time I need to set up a full block on week days, but allow on week ends subject to a schedule.

What is the process of creating a group (children) with all of their kit in that group and shutting down internet access with a schedule?

any help would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• timmoss
  • User
  • User
More
25 Jul 2015 12:14 #2 by timmoss
This is a function I need as well. I can set up a schedule, but this only seems to work across the entire 2.4g or 5g bands as whole, haven't found a way of setting time limits for an SSID or mac address. One thing the op might find useful for the younger members of the household is the station time limits, limiting access to, say, 1 hour with no return for an hour. It stops then playing Minecraft for hours at a time. You set this in the wlan section under station control.

More
25 Jul 2015 12:31 #3 by admin
I can be done; you would need to set up their own network/SSID or just
bind MAc to IP and filter on those according to schedule.

Forum Administrator

• rich_s
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Jul 2015 10:26 #4 by rich_s
OK - this doesn't work, but this is what I have done so far - any pointers to make this work would be great.

1) so I have managed to work out all of the MAC addresses for the kit that belongs to my children and have bound each one to an IP number from 192.168.0.100 - 110

Then

2) under "applications" I set up a schedule
with the start time of 21.30 and a duration of 11hrs (I think I may have to split this into 2 schedules as they go over the 24h time?)
selecting all days of the week
with "force down"
and have enabled it.

Then

3) Under bandwidth management
I have set up a Session Limit with the range of IPs above (100 - 110) and in the time schedule put in 1 which corresponds to the schedule that I made under applications. I think however that this ignores the "force down"

4 - just about to try a Firewall>> Filter Setup. and then edit Default Data filter and see if that works....

am I getting close to getting this right???

thanks,

Rich

More
27 Jul 2015 22:33 #5 by admin
Off the top of my head, I think you then have to 'apply' the schedule somewhere in firewall setup.... Might be time to ask support :-)

Forum Administrator