Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2960 issues

• hendrikhubertus
  • Topic Author
More
31 Jul 2015 15:20 #1 by hendrikhubertus
Vigor 2960 issues was created by hendrikhubertus
Hi everyone,

I have multiple issues with the Vigor 2960 and I really think that this router has problems. I am using firmware 1.1.0.1 which the support department installed to "solve" the problems I have.

- It is impossible to install a certificate, neither a self generated and signed by a CA nor a certificate created by yourself (openssl) and signed by a CA nor a certificate created and signed by a CA. For a SSL vpn router this is critial, but does not work. After uploading the certificate and private key the interface becomes unresponsive and unaccessible. The support department could reproduce this problem and has no solution.
- It is impossible to use more than 1 L2TP from one location because of NAT issues (when the clients are behind NAT). Even 2 SSLvpn do not work when one client runs Windows 7 and one runs Windows 8.1
- The connections that you can make are unstable and get disconnected on a regular basis. The speed is also disappointing.

I also use a Vigor 2920 which has no problems running 2 L2TP connections when both clients are behind NAT. Of course SSLvpn is not possible with this router.

Until now the support department could not help me and has only installed the new firmware and keep telling me that it does not work: no certificate import and not more than 1 L2TP from one location when you are behind NAT. (By the way, the router itself is not behind NAT but runs behind a transparent cable modem).

For me this is totally unacceptable because I wanted to upgrade from the 2920 to use more connections than the 2920 can offer with the business I run. Actually the 2960 is double the price and in my situation unly runs 1 dodgy connection. No solution has been offered.

!!!---DO NOT BUY THIS DEVICE---!!!

Draytek sells you a bad functioning and buggy router.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2015 18:22 #2 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Vigor 2960 issues
The latest firmware is very buggy try version 1.0.9.1 if you already haven't.

More
03 Aug 2015 21:13 #3 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Vigor 2960 issues
I've had the same problem with certificates on a 3900, apparently there's a beta to fix it but I haven't had a chance to test it yet. draytek were able to reproduce the problem though