DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

New install - A few questions / observations

• wannabemkii
  • Topic Author
More
05 Aug 2015 18:29 #1 by wannabemkii
I'm on BT infinity (80/20) and changed to the DrayTek from the BT Modem and Asus RT-N66U last Friday.

Whenever I restart my 2860 with firmware 3.7.8.3 (574307 / vector2), for some reason, it can take over 10 minutes before my internet connection becomes usable.

It syncs (Down Stream : 73922Kbps / Up Stream : 19999Kbps) and connects fine, but some pages time out and others come up instantly during this period. When things have 'settled', everything is nice and snappy, but it's very frustrating...

Also, since the install, my connection has dropped in the early hours of every morning. whereas my old setup stayed up for weeks without dropping?

Finally, the fastest sync I've seen is 73999Kbps. Is this the fastest I should see on BT Infinity, as my speedtests seems about 4000Kbps slower than my old setup?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wannabemkii
  • Topic Author
More
07 Aug 2015 19:06 #2 by wannabemkii
Replied by wannabemkii on topic Re: New install - A few questions / observations
Can anyone help?

More
10 Aug 2015 00:29 #3 by lorian
> it can take over 10 minutes before my internet connection becomes usable.

During which time presumably it has some WPAD timeout errors in the log file.

If it does your ISP's servers are not dealing with stale sessions correctly, I had to nag plusnet some time ago to fix similar.

• wannabemkii
  • Topic Author
More
10 Aug 2015 22:30 #4 by wannabemkii
Replied by wannabemkii on topic Re: New install - A few questions / observations
Thanks for responding. But, why would it only happen for the DrayTek and not the BTOR modem?

• wannabemkii
  • Topic Author
More
18 Aug 2015 18:26 #5 by wannabemkii
Just to update, I've gone back to my BTOR modem and Asus router.

I've tried all different modem types and the 'hanging' of some sites is just sooo frustrating and ultimately, unusable.

Hoping DrayTek come up with something soon...

More
04 Sep 2015 19:09 #6 by lectrician
Replied by lectrician on topic Re: New install - A few questions / observations

Lorian wrote: > it can take over 10 minutes before my internet connection becomes usable.

During which time presumably it has some WPAD timeout errors in the log file.

If it does your ISP's servers are not dealing with stale sessions correctly, I had to nag plusnet some time ago to fix similar.

My Plusnet "Infinity" is dead slow using the routers modem, but not via the BTOR modem. See my post here: http://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20372&p=84171#p84171

What is it you need to nag Plusnet with? I have several other 2860 routers out there working on BT Infinity, and these work fine, it just seems my home Plusnet one that is playing up.