Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Port forwarding issues after firmware upgrade on Vigor 2960

• kenhughes1024
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Aug 2015 22:10 #1 by kenhughes1024
I upgraded the firmware on our company Vigor 1960 firewall from 1.0.7.1 to 1.1.0.1. I thought everything was fine until I realised over the weekend I couldn't access any systems remotely; websites, RDP, IP camera system. I was however able to make phone calls to the office which go through SIP trunks to the IP phone system.

The websites were either displaying a blank page or an error message stating File Not Found and to click here for support, when just redirect to the Draytek support page. It was as if the port redirection was not forwarding the requests to the appropriate server.

I was only able to spend a short time on the problem as I needed everything back up and running, but in the end I had to downgrade the firmware back to 1.0.7.1 and restore the previous configuration.

Has anyone else come across this and know how to resolve it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2015 18:41 #2 by the pit
Draytek have told me firmly that it works. It doesn't. They then told me to recreate the rules which I already had done and it still doesn't work.
Raise a ticket with them and they may actually investigate a little harder. Ver 1.9.0.1 works fine btw.

More
16 Sep 2015 20:02 #3 by the pit
Had any luck at all?

More
17 Sep 2015 19:56 #4 by the pit
Okay reset the router to defaults
then flashed the firmware
rebooted and reloaded the config
rebooted
No udp access to camera's and then after five minutes they came back up. Earlier versions of the firmware didn't have this slow response.