Firewall not working correctly Draytek support where are you

• arunrf
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Aug 2015 10:54 #1 by arunrf
Hi
I have a 2686acand want to set up to allow PPTP connections to our server. Ive opened sport 1723 and the VPN connects but then doesnt authenticate. I understand GRE protocol type 47 is also required for PPTP, how do I set this up on the router, cant see the option anywhere? Thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2015 15:23 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: PPTP GRE packet
If you need to port forward PPTP to your server behind the router, it's probably still authenticating with the router's PPTP VPN server, have you turned that off from VPN and remote Access > Remote Access control?

• arunrf
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 Aug 2015 12:02 #3 by arunrf
Replied by arunrf on topic Re: PPTP GRE packet
Yes thats turned off now and hanging on authentication.... Ive used open ports with port 1723 open ( amongst others ) and the PPTP servers private IP address. Am able to connect the vpn locally ( bypassing the firewall ) but not remotely - used to work fine before changing the router.

More
20 Aug 2015 14:12 #4 by voodle
Do you have filter rules set up to block what comes in to the router? That could do it perhaps, have you tried turning off the firewalls data filter temporarily to see whether that helps?

• arunrf
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 Aug 2015 15:17 #5 by arunrf
Replied by arunrf on topic Re: PPTP GRE packet
Ive got a filter rule for inbound traffic on port 1723 to pass immedietely, and all outbound traffic to pass

More
20 Aug 2015 15:58 #6 by voodle
OK, could you try turning off the data filter from firewall > general setup? This is to check whether that's blocking it or not