Firewall not working correctly Draytek support where are you

• arunrf
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Aug 2015 14:59 #7 by arunrf
Replied by arunrf on topic Re: PPTP GRE packet
Hi, working now but only if I open up the default rule. It wasnt the firewall data filter rules - I had set the filter to block in the default rule - I thought that was there so that the firewall rules took precedent and everything else blocked - checking the manual again this is what this feature is for - so if I am passing port 1723 for wan to lan for PPTP and it only works when the default filter is set to pass then does that suggest there is an isse with the incoming firewall rule? Dont think the default rule should be set to pass.... :)

Further testing: Creating an inbound rule to pass all ports while the default rule is set to block doesnt allow the connection - I can only connect when I pass the data on the default rule. Seems to me that the rule order isnt prioritising the filter rules above the default rule....

Even more testing
For info, the allow all incoming rule is:
Enabled
Direction WAN to LAN
Source IP: Any
Dest IP : Any
Service type: TCP
This doesnt allow a connect when the default rule is blocked, nor does it when I select TCP/UDP, BUT, if I change the Service type to "Any" and maintain the default rule block, I can get a connection! Seems like the firewall is not working correctly to me.

Maybe this is one for a firmware upgrade - currently on 3.7.8.1

Updated to 3.7.8.3 and still have the same problem!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2015 09:24 #8 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: PPTP - Firewall not working correctly
Try allowing this as well perhaps?

• arunrf
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Aug 2015 09:30 #9 by arunrf
Replied by arunrf on topic Re: PPTP - Firewall not working correctly
That didnt work either.....

More
25 Aug 2015 14:38 #10 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: PPTP - Firewall not working correctly
Look at the syslogs with Syslog ticked in the options for the firewall's default rule. if it's still not working, those two rules should work really so it could be a firmware issue

• arunrf
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Aug 2015 14:21 #11 by arunrf
Replied by arunrf on topic Re: PPTP - Firewall not working correctly
I think its a firmware issue. I opened a support case but still havent heard back apart from asking for the config file - I have chased a couple of time but heard nothing. Is there a support number I can call that doesnt charge a huge cost per minute to use so that I can actually speak to someone in support and get some sort of response? Getting frustrated with this issue and the technical support from Draytek.