DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

How can I connect Draytek 2860 router to BT Homehub router?

• mike gatehouse
  • Topic Author
More
18 Aug 2015 14:57 #1 by mike gatehouse
I have BT Netfinity 1 and can connect using the supplied Homehub 5 VDSL router. I would prefer to use this only to make the connection and then use my Draytek Vigor 2860n Plus router to control my wired and wireless networks. There are several good reasons for using the Homehub and its VDSL modem to make the internet connection (much better downstream speeds than if I connect the Vigor 2860 directly; and I can access BT TV's multicast TV channels on the Homehub, but not on the Vigor.

Question: how can I connect the Homehub to the Vigor? I can connect one of the ethernet ports on the Homehub to the WAN2 port on the Draytek. The Vigor then 'sees' the Homehub, but I have been unable to configure the WAN2 settings so as to use the Homehub as the internet connection. Can anyone help? Do I need to change any settings also on the Homehub?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2015 08:44 #2 by piste basher
http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35226/~/how-do-i-enable-bridge-mode-on-my-bt-business-hub-5%3F

Don't know if the Homehub is the same though?

• garysutherland
  • User
  • User
More
22 Sep 2015 11:40 #3 by garysutherland
Just connect the two together with a Cat5e cable between two Ethernet ports, not the Wan port. You should also disable the DHCP server on the Vigor as the Homehub will be taking care of this, presumably.