3900 vLans using both physical LAN Interfaces

• crabbit74
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Aug 2015 18:09 #1 by crabbit74
Hello Folks,

I need to try and get the following setup configured correctly please, any assistance or directions would be greatly appreciated.

1 x Draytek 3900

5 x LAN Switches
( 2 x Vlans) going over these two switches all trunked together and connected/uplinked to Draytek 3900 LAN Port 1.

3 x LAN Swicthes stacked and uplinked to Draytek 3900 LAN Port 2.
( 1x vLAN)

I need to have all vlans being able to communicated with each other over the 2 x physical LAN interfaces.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Graeme

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fchef
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
31 Aug 2015 11:22 #2 by fchef
For your info Vigor 3900 has 3 Lan interfaces. The one is the SFP port and if you have a switch with a mini gbic port just go ahead and get an sfp+ direct attach cable (I got this one from mikrotik http://routerboard.com/SplusDA0001).
This way you can have 3 Lans and may wish to skip configuring vlans in the switches.

More
05 Sep 2015 20:59 #3 by richardmorris
Replied by richardmorris on topic Re: 3900 vLans using both physical LAN Interfaces
Hi Graeme,

Create the three subnets in LAN\General Setup\General Setup, giving the subnets the same VLAN ID as those you have in your switches.

In Lan\Switch\802.11Q, add lan_port_1 as a member of the two required VLANS, probably leaving them both as untagged, and add lan_port_2 as a member of the remaining VLAN, this can be be either tagged or untagged depending on your configuration.

Kind Regards

Richard

• crabbit74
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
06 Jan 2016 21:33 #4 by crabbit74
Apologies for the delay Richard, thanks for the reply worked a treat.