DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2925 with 2 Ap910C guest network

• mtcsltd
  • Topic Author
More
11 Sep 2015 17:54 #1 by mtcsltd
2925 with 2 Ap910C guest network was created by mtcsltd
I'm using a 2925 with two AP910C access points (one for the house and the other for an office, but both connected and managed by the same 2925 router).

I have clients visiting the office who sometimes need internet access.

I've set up the AP's how I want them, with two SSID's. One for me to use, and another Guest one. The problem I'm having is that when someone connects to the guest network, they can still see all my devices on the rest of the network, so the Guest SSID is not isolated.

VLAN is active on my 2925. I've tried setting up VLAN tags to drive network traffic to the right LAN subnet, but I can't get it working. In the access points I've enabled Management VLAN ID (set to 10), and back on the router I've used that ID on LAN3, but when clients connect to the guest SSID, they don't get internet access, so I have to leave all the VLAN settings turned off.

I can't find a guide on how to do this with my particular router, which is a 2925 that has no built in Wi-Fi. The only guide I could find is for routers with built in Wi-Fi where VLAN can be enabled for specific SSID's. It appears very easy to do on those types, making it a breeze to set up an isolated network.

This is the guide I found. http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-wireless-guestnetwork?highlight=WyJpc29sYXRlZCIsIndpcmVsZXNzIiwibmV0d29yayJd&return=6060717
but I can't find one for my scenario.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mtcsltd
  • Topic Author
More
12 Sep 2015 02:02 #2 by mtcsltd
Replied by mtcsltd on topic Re: 2925 with 2 Ap910C guest network
I found the following article...
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-wireless-guestnetwork-ap

This is more similar to my setup, which is now working fine. I'm not sure what I did wrong as I thought I'd got the VLAN & VID settings correct. I updated the firmware on the AP910C's from 1.1.3.x to 1.1.5 and started again, which might have made a difference.
Anyway, problem solved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.