2830n v2 URL Content Filtering Setup

• garysutherland
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Sep 2015 12:02 #1 by garysutherland
2830n v2 URL Content Filtering Setup was created by garysutherland
I've recently replaced our aged (but reliable) Vigor 2600i with a shiny new 2830n v2 and for the most part the process has been quite painless but I'm having trouble setting up the URL content filtering.

So far as I can see I've set it up correctly but it just doesn't seem to be working. For instance, I've setup a profile called AdBlocking, set it to block both URL and Web. In the URL filtering section I've enabled it and set the object to include Advertising which is a keyword group containing doubleclick and fastclick, separated by a space. I'd have expected this to have prevented me going to www.doubleclick.com but it still allows me to access the site.

I've tried rebooting the router but this makes no difference. Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong, or point me towards a worked example?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2015 16:07 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2830n v2 URL Content Filtering Setup
Have you applied the URL / Web content filtering entries through Firewall - General Setup > Default Rule? that should be all it needs to work, or you could apply it using the DNS filter possibly, which is under the CSM menu

• garysutherland
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Sep 2015 11:01 #3 by garysutherland
Replied by garysutherland on topic Re: 2830n v2 URL Content Filtering Setup
Brilliant! That's what it was. I went into the Firewall settings and did as you said and it's now working.

Thanks!
Gary