CSM, LDAP & Autologin

• qwaz01
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Sep 2015 11:41 #1 by qwaz01
CSM, LDAP & Autologin was created by qwaz01
I would like to setup CSM on my Vigor 2860 using LDAP Users/Groups but from what I have read users will still have to login to a Draytek portal before they can browse the internet. Is there anyway of auto logging into the Draytek router when they login to the PC? Some kind of script maybe? I have looked at the Vigor Pro Alert Notice Tool but cant work out a way of using it to login without user interaction?

Is this possible or am I asking for to much?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2015 17:16 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: CSM, LDAP & Autologin
Wouldn't you expect that on any LDAP service?
e.g. if I log into my server, I use my same username, but the login dialogue still comes up.. maybe that's a security thing, otherwise any program/Trojan could access the server once you are authenticated with no further interaction </guess>

Forum Administrator

• qwaz01
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Sep 2015 09:52 #3 by qwaz01
Replied by qwaz01 on topic Re: CSM, LDAP & Autologin
Thanks for your reply...as I said I might be asking for to much.

I have looked at Untangle appliances in the past and they have a login script that notifies when a user logs into a computer, the Untangle software is then able to map that against an active directory user account (see below). I just wondered if anyone had worked out any clever ways of doing it with the Draytek routers. The issue we have is that in our office people hot desk and move around all the time and ideally we want a way for the filtering to follow them BUT ideally without them having to login to the Draytek portal.

http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/Directory_Connector