• wildwalker
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
02 Oct 2015 14:52 #1 by wildwalker
Vigor 2850 Outgoing IP was created by wildwalker
Hello all,

I have a question that has been bugging me for some time now.

I have a couple of servers, and all is fine with them because I am using a combination of address mapping and port redirection. But it is my DHCP client machines that are causing me the headache. Let me explain what the issue is.

If I use one of these external sites that tells you what your external IP address is, depending on what client PC I am using, the address changes. I have a small subnet from my ISP that gives me 5 usable addresses. The servers, due to the address mapping always report the correct address. But any traffic coming from the client machines seem to go out on randomly on one of the other 4 addresses. Normally this doesn't matter, but for FTP I get a lot of issues, the servers are fine, but the clients seem to get disconnected, probably due to the ever changing outgoing IP address.

If I open a single port on the router for any of the DHCP addresses, then that address always maps to the same external IP. This is fine, but I can't map a port for all 50 addresses of my DHCP range, I will run out of pages in the port mapping pages.

Any idea how I can set the outgoing IP of all the DCHP addresses?

Best regards,
Alan Walker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wildwalker
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
02 Oct 2015 15:50 #2 by wildwalker
Replied by wildwalker on topic Re: Vigor 2850 Outgoing IP
Okay Never Mind, I found it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.