Vigor 2925 - Becoming unresponsive

• ithelpdesk_draytek
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 Oct 2015 11:22 #1 by ithelpdesk_draytek
Vigor 2925 - Becoming unresponsive was created by ithelpdesk_draytek
Hi there, I took delivery of my 2925 earlier this week and I've go an issue with it that I though I'd share on here before requesting a replacement.

Basically when try accessing the device via it's webpage, quiet often I get a timeout error. Then when I ping the device I get request timed out for about 20 seconds and then the pings get a response. I can then login.

Whilst logged in it's stable for a while but when I somethimes try applying a config change the thing locks up again. No reply from pings etc for a while and then it springs to life again. Sometimes my changes have applied and sometimes they haven't. :(

It's using the latest firmware too.

There are no issues accessing any other things on the lan.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
06 Oct 2015 12:44 #2 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: Vigor 2925 - Becoming unresponsive
Have you got wifi enabled on it? Quite a few of us have found that wifi with the latest official release of the firmware causes reboots.

I have been running with RC4 (3.8.2_RC4) since support sent me a link to it, and it has been rock solid since, rather than 3.8.1 which is on the UK support site.

• wilsodg
  • User
  • User
More
20 Nov 2015 01:06 #3 by wilsodg
Replied by wilsodg on topic Re: Vigor 2925 - Becoming unresponsive
I've been having the same issue for a while, and was waiting for the latest official 3.8.2 firmware, but to no avail. A reboot will cure it, but I am having to reboot once a day at the moment. Internet access gets slow to non-existent, and I cannot access the router (get timeouts). Pinging it sees the first one getting lost, and then the next 2 are usually ok. For the most part I see CPU usage at 1 few percent, occasionally it shoots up to 60%. It's a home office environment with a few active users and about 80 devices (music streamers, TV's, NAS, Phones, IP cameras etc.) Maybe 1000 active sessions at most. Any ideas? power cycle every day is not what I expect.