Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2860n BT Infinity Connects but with issues

• cheekycharly
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
06 Oct 2015 12:06 #1 by cheekycharly
One of our clients is getting DrayTek's at each site so they can VPN etc but we are having issues just getting the 2860n's to give a reliable connection. When running on the DrayTek we get internet connected but some pages fail to load and many show spinning circles on tabs as if they are struggling to load the whole page. DNS settings are just 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4 with the check box ticked "Force Router to use DNS server IP Address". We also find the clients RDP connection to a remote server no longer works when connected via a DrayTek yet with the BT Homehub connection to the web is fine and fast and also RDP works out of the box without me having to give the machine a static IP and adding it to any port forwarding.

I was recommended to firmware upgrade by DrayTek phone support so I have gone from 3.7.8.2 to 3.7.8.3 Vector 2 (as told). I have then recreated all the settings using the following DrayTek guide...

http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/vigor-2860-vdsl-setup

We are still having the same issues with these 2860n's

Can anyone offer any advice or support?

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2015 07:53 #2 by admin
Not enough detail: "unreliable" ? Does the line drop, Is throughput low etc..

Forum Administrator

More
07 Oct 2015 20:44 #3 by the pit
Sounds the draytek is connecting but at slow speeds hence the spinning circle.
Remote desktop I would have thought you would have to open the ports.
Also remember when you switch the router your ip address will change so if you're connecting via ip address it won't connect.
You don't say whether you have static ip's provided by your isp or not.

• bloxit
  • User
  • User
More
12 Oct 2015 20:43 #4 by bloxit
Hi,

I recently upgraded my 2860 to the 3.8.1_VT2 code which resulted in an increase from 76XXX Kbps to the figures below. I would point out that I am less than 200m from the BT Infinity roadside cabinet.

Download Upload
Actual Rate 79382 Kbps 19999 Kbps
Attainable Rate 79131 Kbps 21658 Kbps

• sp0ok
  • User
  • User
More
16 Oct 2015 23:07 #5 by sp0ok
Hi All,

just an update to let you know that after disabling "Call Filtering" the router appears to be solid using firmware 3.7.8.3. thanks to S2KIP for the tip on disabling this feature!

The router has been online 13 days without any drops. Now need to get BT to do a line reset as it only getting 8mbps download on my Infinity 2 package through all the disconnects.

• gembrain
  • User
  • User
More
26 Feb 2016 17:25 #6 by gembrain

Sp0oK wrote: Hi All,

just an update to let you know that after disabling "Call Filtering" the router appears to be solid using firmware 3.7.8.3. thanks to S2KIP for the tip on disabling this feature!

The router has been online 13 days without any drops. Now need to get BT to do a line reset as it only getting 8mbps download on my Infinity 2 package through all the disconnects.

Sorry to chase an old thread :)

So once BT had done the line reset did you get decent speeds and still solid?