DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 and 3/4g load ballance

• applecom
  • Topic Author
More
18 Oct 2015 18:55 #1 by applecom
2860 and 3/4g load ballance was created by applecom
could someone please advise me on the following problems I have........

I still use a old 2820vn and have moved to where I only get 2.5mb adsl, so I found a old 3g dongle and set it up for auto weight load balance ( I get about 8mb from the 3g connection) this dose work to give me a better speed but oftern crashes or needs reboots

I then found a old tp-link router with 4g support, put a 4g dongle in there and set up my 2820 with wan 1 adsl and wan 2 coming from the tp-link ( 4g speeds was just over 20mb ) this again worked but oftern crashes and nwas never reliable enough to just leave it running all the time

so time to get a new 2860vn in the hope fiber will be available to me soon, but for the mean time the 2860 supports 4g dongles, can I use this as load ballance and it work properly without the crashes? I see the speck only says load balance over wan 2 Ethernet, despite this is load balance over adsl + 4g available?

thanks for any help with this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• octoinkjet
  • User
  • User
More
14 Dec 2015 23:13 #2 by octoinkjet
Replied by octoinkjet on topic Re: 2860 and 3/4g load ballance
I have load balancing working over two E392 dongles but to be honest the 2860 still has problems with multiple disconnects and a reluctance for the dongles to reconnect again later or for the router to reboot itself as it doesn't seem to detect that all of the WAN ports are down at times.

Struggling to understand what causes and right now I'm debating about going back to my 2830 to see if that's more stable even if it just has a single dongle.

At a guess I'd say there's still issues to iron out which may or may not be related to power or the firmware... Whatever it is it's sure frustrating.

• applecom
  • Topic Author
More
15 Dec 2015 21:32 #3 by applecom
Replied by applecom on topic Re: 2860 and 3/4g load ballance
I have now purchased a 2860ac and have a 4g dongle with external aerial and I "can" get about 25mbs connection over the 4g and still 2.5 over ADSL combined ( when it's not crashing or rebooting I get about 20mbs ) like you it works but just not stable , I have also got another identical 4g dongle thinking I was clever and could Ballance ADSL + 4g + 4g but this just dose not work, I can't get both 4g connections at the same time

• ghostworks
  • User
  • User
More
07 Jan 2016 20:14 #4 by ghostworks
Replied by ghostworks on topic Re: 2860 and 3/4g load ballance
I've ordered a e8372 4G dongle ( external antennas as well ) with a Draytek Vigor2860ac
I'm hoping for it will be stable but regrading your I might have to setup a reboot schedule during the night
It's for a installation where I won't be at ( game lodge business ) waiting on landline adsl/vdsl which takes 6 months over here ( South Africa )