DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Multiple Wi-Fi APs with seamless roaming - How good is it ?

• brickcounter67
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Oct 2015 12:14 #1 by brickcounter67
How good is the seamless roaming between AP's using the Radius authentication system? I have briefly dabbled with it and get tripped up when turning on the Radius security aspect. I notice there are a few complaints in these forums about it not working but I guess there will always be someone with a problem.

Is it worth investing the time in getting this setup working or are there better systems out there that are more reliable. Does anyone have experience of the Draytek system and other systems to be able to make a comparison ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sicon
  • User
  • User
More
19 Oct 2015 14:19 #2 by sicon
its works with 2.4Ghz but currently experiencing issue on the 5Ghz. We use active Directory for the Authentication.

If you want to so a comparison then you need to look into Ruckus and Meraki at probable 4 times the price of Draytek

We have both and you do get what you pay for. It al depends what you want it for,

• brickcounter67
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 Oct 2015 13:43 #3 by brickcounter67
Thanks for your reply . I had heard good things about Rukus but as my project is not mission critical I will stick to the more affordable Drayteks.

Interesting to note that your are not using the built in Radius servers of the Drayteks. I have now used an external Radius server and have managed to progress further now.