• alexbyrd
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
02 Nov 2015 20:23 #1 by alexbyrd
2925 auto/dynamic load balance ? was created by alexbyrd
HI

I have 2 wan links both on FTTC and both running around 35 down and 6 up. I would like to be able to share across the users all the available bandwidth. We do a lot of uploading of video and we can flat line the 6 up so it would be good to be able to get the system to use the other link if the first one is busy with an upload. I can see how to configure policy's to allow ip ranges to go out on one wan or the other but no setting to get it to adjust it self.

We also have some fixed IP's and a few things need to go out on dedicated IP's but the general internet traffic could use either. Is there a way to configure it to use both Wans ?

Thanks

Alex.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2015 10:49 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2925 auto/dynamic load balance ?
If both WANs are active and they've got the Load Balance option ticked under WAN - General Setup for that WAN interface, it will load balance with just that.
The ratio depends on the WAN speeds set in WAN - General Setup, otherwise I think without the WAN speed defined, it shares equally.
Any catch-all load balance rules would override it though so try disabling those to see if that helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.