IPv6 issues with Static tunnels

• matthewrwright
  • Topic Author
More
03 Nov 2015 19:44 #1 by matthewrwright
IPv6 issues with Static tunnels was created by matthewrwright
Hi,
Bit of an oddball question.

We have a Cisco ASR in our central datacenter, and a Vigor 2925n-plus which we're hoping to roll out for home users sites - I am trying to get a working templated config so we can roll out a fair few of these things using whichever home broadband we can get at each location.

Mine is the first we're trying to set up.

It's a Vigor 2925n-plus at the moment running single-WAN with a Virgin Media cable connection on the end of it.

ipv4 works fine, VPN set up to connect to our central servers, all is good.

I have started trying to set up ipv6 as a proof of concept, but I've hit upon some problems.

I'm trying as a starter to configure a static 6in4 tunnel

The IOS config is simple
Code:
interface Tunnel0 no ip address ipv6 address 2001:xxx:xxxx:903::1/64 <--- public ipv6 subnet tunnel source Port-channel1.50 tunnel mode ipv6ip tunnel destination 86.19.xxx.xxx <--- home IP

at the Cisco end there is no configuration at all for ipv6 firewalling at present, it's all allow-allow-allow.

On the Draytek end
Code:
Internet Access Mode Connection Type 6in4 Static Tunnel Remote Endpoint IPv4 Address 91.xx.xx.xx <---- datacentre router IP 6in4 IPv6 Address 2001:xxx:xxxx:903::2/64 (default:64) LAN Routed Prefix 2001:xxx:xxxx:904::/64 (default:64) Tunnel TTL 255 (default:255)

So, with all this set up, I would assume from the Cisco end I could ping 2001:xxx:xxxx:903::1 (itself) which I can and 2001:xxx:xxxx:903::2 (the draytek end of that tunnel) which I can't

Now the thing that's confusing me is if I go to the Dashboard of the Draytek, it shows this as the IP addresses

Code:
IPv6 Internet Access Mode Address Scope Up Time WAN1 6in4 Static Tunnel 2001:xxx:xxx:903::2/128 FE80::5613:A571/128 Global

My guess (though perhaps wrong) is that despite me keying it as a /64, it's showing a /128?

Does anyone have any ideas as this is driving me nuts!!

Cheers

Matthew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.