DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

New Vigor 130 - am i doing something wrong?

• erakepio
  • Topic Author
More
03 Nov 2015 23:16 #1 by erakepio
Hey All,

New to Draytek products, but the Vigor 130 came very highly recommended by several people. I've just upgraded to my ISP's VDSL (40 down and 5 up) and they provided a Thompson Technicolour router/modem which is utterly awful. So ordered a Draytek 130 ADSL/VDSL to do a passthrough to my N750 Netgear DGND4000 which I've got setup how i want for all my devices and NAS etc.

Went to setup the PPPOE passthrough on my Draytek as per page 26 of the manual and this page... http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=5346&Itemid=293&lang=en

... but I seem to be missing half the config page. I go to the section with PPPOE/PPPOA client mode and I don't have the option to use PPPOE passthrough or anything like that. I've tried a firmware update but had no success. The picture and manual show a PPPOE Pass-Through tick box (i don't have it) but also an ISP bit which is also missing. The only thing I have is the "Default" Mac Address bit and configuring a DHCP server and ADSL modem settings.

I'm probably missing something basic here, but I've tried ticking every option, firmware updates etc but just had no joy. Anyone have any tips/suggestions of other things i can try?

Model: Vigor 130 - Annex A

Thank You

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2015 08:58 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: New Vigor 130 - am i doing something wrong?
As supplied in the UK the 130 doesn't have those pages - and as per the quick start guide you shouldn't need them afaik. Just plug it in, set up your ISP settings in the router and away you go. Unless you need to change the VLAN tag (odd Irish ISP?) or whatever.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
05 Nov 2015 06:25 #3 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: New Vigor 130 - am i doing something wrong?
Yup, that manual is nothing to do with the UK Vigor 130. Simply plug in, connect modem to router and that is it. The router should be set up to receive PPOE .

More
07 Nov 2015 07:43 #4 by admin
Yes...follow the manual in the box rather than downloading anything...

Forum Administrator

More
28 Nov 2015 19:59 #5 by the pit
Doesn't always work as I found out. Plugging it in did nothing and I had to downgrade to get the options back. Set the parameters and then upgrade which removed the options but it continued to work. This was with BT adsl.